Every year since we've been married, Matt and I have decorated a gingerbread house together. I know, it sounds childish, but it's addicting. (Just ask Gareth and Kari.) This year was no different. Well okay, a little different...this year we got together with some friends in our ward to decorate gingerbread houses. I've never seen so much candy on one table in my life! Too bad I didn't get a picture. We had quite the spread! I ended up with lots of random pictures and not many of people, but here's a sneak peek at a few of the houses.
This year Zac actually got into decorating the house, too, so we had plenty of helping hands. He had been begging me for weeks to let him put together our house. Everytime he noticed the kit in the pantry, he'd say, "Ohhh! We forgot to put this together. We better hurry! We need to put the candy house together!" He was so excited when I told him the day had finally arrived. He was even more excited when he saw all the candy sitting out. It was like sugar heaven!



Some of us didn't finish decorating our houses that night, so we had to finish the next day.
Here is the finished product...



Not bad, if I do say so myself!
Strange thing, though...candy is mysteriously disappearing from our house. Zac says that he doesn't know what's happening to it, but the smears of blue and red on his mouth tell me otherwise. Something tells me our gingerbread house won't make it until Christmas this year. :)
Thanks everyone for a fun night!
Some of us didn't finish decorating our houses that night, so we had to finish the next day.
Here is the finished product...


Not bad, if I do say so myself!
Strange thing, though...candy is mysteriously disappearing from our house. Zac says that he doesn't know what's happening to it, but the smears of blue and red on his mouth tell me otherwise. Something tells me our gingerbread house won't make it until Christmas this year. :)
Thanks everyone for a fun night!
12 comments:
SO CUTE! That is truly the best looking gingerbread house that I have ever seen. I would not beable to resist either if I were Zac. What a fun tradition!
Eleisha, you are the best hostess! Thanks for planning such a great event! You are da bomb! We had so much fun and I'm sorry we had to leave early. We'll be better prepared next year!!!
so fun!
those look adorable!! super job!
Thanks so much for inviting us, we had so much fun. I think I'll have to work on my decorating skills for next year! How can I compete with such a creative bunch. Our house is mostly eaten (by Ryley) I'm shocked he likes that hard gross candy, but its mostly gone so it must be good:)
looks like you all had a BLAST! sorry we couldnt make it...we obviously missed out. i love the picture of zac and the gbhouse...you have a great photographing talent.
What a cute tradition! This year the babies and kids and I are baking cookies for "Santa."
We decorated gingerbread houses last year...and I couldn't resist the candy either! Zac is so cute...Parker would be in heaven! Yours really did turn out amazing!
What a fun tradition! Steve and I should try that!
It looks like you had a great time! Your house turned out great! We still need to decorate ours for this year.
did i tell you yet that we're coming to Las Vegas soon? I think Matt's mom said you guys live there. Maybe we can see you!
we loved decorating the house and look forward to next year. E is always sure to tell everyone about her house. Your a fabulous hostess and friend!
Post a Comment