Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Zachary!

Yesterday was Zachary's 2nd birthday! I can't believe how fast time has flown by or that he's already two years old! I had mixed emotions about him turning two...it's fun to see him grow up and learn to do new things, but I was sad that he would no longer be my little one-year-old anymore. I've been looking back at some pictures from when he was little--he sure has changed a lot in two years!



1 day old


1 month old


3 months old


6 months old


1st birthday


18 months old


For his birthday, we took him to lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. He loved it! He was totally entertained by all the animals, butterflies, fish, and waterfalls the whole time. They even brought him a sundae with a sparkler burning on it and sang to him. He loved it whenever someone sang "Happy Birthday" to him throughout the day. Zac said he wanted chocolate cake and chocolate icecream for his birthday (neither of which he actually ate). He had fun playing with his new basketball hoop and loved looking at his basketball cake and cupcakes. He seemed to have a really fun day.





Here are a few of the many things we love about Zachary:


His cute smile and big blue eyes.

When he says "I yud oo, Mommy" (0r Daddy) so sweetly.

Talking to him on the phone...his conversations always start like this, "Hi! You coming home? You coming home to Zac's house?" no matter who he's talking to.

His endless energy...he never stops going. He's a crazy kid, always jumping off things with no fear. He'll play catch with you for hours if you let him.

How he says, "Thank you Mommy/Daddy" after every little thing we do for him. (He'll even thank you if he does something for you.)

His excitement when we come home.

Listening to him fall asleep and mumble about all the things he loves or wants to do in the morning as he drifts off to sleep.

His excitement and animation when we read stories or sing songs together.

His cute laugh--everything is soooo funny to him!

When you do, say, or sing something that he likes or thinks is funny, he'll say, "Again! Again!" at least 10-20 times, so you end up doing it over and over again just to make him happy.

His endless love, and his hugs and kisses and snuggles (when he'll give them).

We love you Zachary!

6 comments:

Kaity said...

Sooo Cute! What a big boy! Just when you think they are growing out of their cutest stage they get even cuter!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Zac!!! What a fun day, and it was fun reading all the cute things you love about him. We look forward to seeing you over the holidays!!

Rachel said...

Wow- I can't believe he's 2 already. What a sweetheart! Great job on the cake too! What a good mommy.

Unknown said...

It is really hard to believe Zac is two! That was such a sweet post--I can just picture him saying "I yud oo, mommy." He's adorable! Pretty soon you'll have another one!

natasha said...

you've been tagged. go to my page to see what it means!

Steve Sherman said...

I feel like an intruder but I have a nephew born november 9 2004. His name is Zachary Taylor Sherman. When I stumbled on this I thought how interesting a coincidence. I feel the energy of this generation will make many changes for the better in our world.