Tuesday, February 05, 2008

5 weeks and counting!

I know it's been a while since I last posted anything on here...I've been spending all my spare time doing the typical end of pregnancy things like cleaning the house, organizing all of our closets, trying to get stuff ready for the baby, and baking! I had a big list of things I wanted to get done, and I'm happy to say that the list is much smaller now, not that I'll ever have EVERYTHING done. My friend, Rachel, wrote on her blog about how she's been a "baking machine" lately, and I've been the same way. I love making things from scratch, and part of my "to do" list included trying a bunch of new recipes that I've been wanting to try for a while. So, I'm always looking for an excuse to bake something or someone that I can share what I've made with so I don't eat it all myself. Cookies, cakes from scratch, breads, muffins, pizza, rolls ... I've been making it all. I'm just hoping I don't make myself gain too much more weight than I already will. Oh well. A little less than 5 weeks left to go!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait for your little guy to get here! I need you and Rachel to live by me to share your baked goods! Yum! Good luck surviving the next five weeks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you updated this because I've been anxiously checking your blog! I couldn't remember when your due date was so I was beginning to wonder if you had had the baby! Anyway, thanks for motivating me with all of your baking! You are an excellent cook! These next 5 weeks will fly by! Take Care, Jill Lewis

Rachel said...

Final countdown! You can do it! We should start another blog where we all just post favorite recipes that we've tried, so we can try each others. I'll work on it and let you know when I get it up.

Lori said...

Yay, a new post. It's always nice to hear how you're doing. Sounds like you've been busy. Get all the baking in now, cuz when the little one comes, you'll be a little more busy..:) Tell Matt I said hi, and good luck with the next 5 weeks. Can't wait to meet my new nephew!!!

Kaity said...

Hey girl,

Wahoo! Listen, I need your address so I can send you a home-made nursing cover (unless you already have one). It is the best thing ever for nursing...a must have!

Hope all is well! Say hi to little Zac and Matt for us. It's been so long since we've seen you guys. We haven't been to LA in over a year. Have you picked a name yet?

Tammy said...

Now it's only a couple of weeks till the baby comes.. I am so excited for you and your family! Zac is going to love having a little brother.. Can't wait to see pictures!! You will have to post pics of the baby's room too..