Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Owie" Diary of a Two Year Old Boy

You might look at this picture and think, "Wow, he must have had a bad day," or "Zac must have had a pretty bad fall" or something along those lines. But no, this is not the result of one bad accident or a single unfortunate event. It is the result of one week's worth of "owies". . . it's something new EVERY DAY with this kid! I'm beginning to wonder if we can purchase a season pass to the ER...

6/24-Last Tuesday- Rear-ended by another car in St. George on our way home from SLC...spent a fun evening getting examined in the St. George ER (a much more pleasant experience than the ER at St. Rose, the hospital by our house, though)

6/25- Worst case of diaper rash we've ever seen...had him screaming in pain throughout the day


6/26- First set of scratch marks on his face from a play date with his friend

6/27- Fell down our flight of stairs at 10:30 pm...we were downstairs with some friends and suddenly heard a "thud, thud, thud" coming down the stairs. We ran to the stairs and found Zac. Luckily he stopped a couple of steps before the bottom so he didn't land on the tile floor at the bottom! I guess he was a little too tired to be walking down the steps in the dark, half asleep...

6/28- Slid on a wet sidewalk and landed face down, really hard, resulting in an immediate goose-egg and black/blue eye. (See pictures below)

6/29- Second set of bad scratches on both sides of his face by another little girl visiting us.

6/30- Just the usual daily bumps and falls

7/1- While playing at a splash pad at the park, he and another boy crashed into each other and banged heads. The other boy was older and taller and was fine...Zac was not so lucky. His face was immediately covered in blood...I guess that the other kid's tooth must have given him the gash that is now in his forehead.

So, that about sums up the last seven days...I'm a little nervous to start the next week! Poor kid! I'm just wondering how we're going to survive the next 20 years if this is only the beginning. I might have to start keeping him in a padded room with a helmet on all day so he doesn't keep getting hurt!

Saturday night after the fall:


9 comments:

Megan said...

This shouldn't be the right response but we laughed so hard at reading all about his owies!! It just doesn't seem possible!! Poor Zac!!

sara said...

oh so sad! i can't believe it!! poor boy! he'll be a tough kid, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Poor little guy! I'm glad my kids didn't cause any of the bumps and scratches when you were here! Avery has some nasty claws! And were you all OK? I can't believe you got in an accident on the way home!

natasha said...

yikes! you could benefit from a season pass at the e.r. though! how did the car come out of the wreck?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I guess he is really "all boy" as they say. I can lend you Emma's helmet that she wore for her flat head. It protects pretty well.

Rachel said...

Poor Zac! I cannot believe that all happened over the course of a week! I saw the picture and thought for sure it was one bad accident!

Jill Lewis said...

Oh! I know little boys are bound for bruises, but I can't believe Zac's week!! Poor guy! I hope for his sake, and certainly yours too, that there are no more "owie's" for a long time!

Shawna said...

That's a lot of injuries for one week! Good thing children are pretty durable.

Craig Family said...

Give him lots of XOXXOXOXOXOX for me! Poor baby!!