Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Lone Star State

Last weekend was my high school 10 year reunion, so we made a trip out of it and took the family to Texas. I forgot how much I love it there and how green and pretty everything is. We were amazed at all the green trees everywhere. It was Matt's first time in Dallas, so I got to show him around the great old state of Texas. I have to say, he loved it and was even a little tempted to move there (especially after eating lots of yummy TX BBQ!). After all, everything's bigger and better in Texas, right?!?!


While we were in Dallas, we stayed with our good friends from college, Kaity and Andy. They were great hosts and even watched the boys during my reunion. Zac was in heaven having their little boy, Charlie, to play with all day long. They became fast friends and had a great time together.





We crammed lots of fun into our days in the Dallas area--visiting old friends and places, playing and enjoying the nice weather and pretty green surroundings, enjoying my favorite Texas ice cream, and most importantly, eating lots of yummy Mexican and BBQ food!




The Reunion
Night One: 8.0 Bar & Grill, Sundance Square, Downtown Ft. Worth

Jocelyn and her husband, Joe

Night Two: Joe Pool Lake, The Oasis
The reunion was fun; it was fun to see old friends and catch up with everyone. I can't believe it's already been 10 years! We didn't get many good pictures...oh well.



Austin
Sunday afternoon, we headed to Austin. We got to stay with my college roommate and her fun family. We had a great time! Once again, Zac loved having temporary live-in friends.

When I was growing up, we used to drive to Austin to visit our relatives there. We usually stopped for a break half way in Waco at the Texas Ranger Museum, and this was my mom's favorite big old tree. I just had to stop there and take a picture for her.


The Pumpkin Patch
at Sweet Berry Farm

On Monday, Rachel and Ellie took us to a fun pumpkin patch/farm. The kids had a great time! I love going to "real" pumpkin patches where they actually grow the pumpkins! It's one of my favorite things to do in the fall.

Yum!

Zac falling off the pumpkin pile that he's climbing on...a day wouldn't be complete without him falling at least a time or two.
(Speaking of falling, while we were in the Dallas area, we had family pictures taken by our friend, Jen. The kids were playing around a fountain, and Zac leaned over to try to grab a flower that fell into the water. You guessed it, he feel right in, head first! He did a great job swimming to keep his head above the water until I pulled him out. It was pretty funny. Luckily we were almost done with pictures since that pretty much ended our photo shoot!)


The corn maze was Zac's favorite part--he kept wanting to run through it again and again. He and Ellie were so cute running and hiding together.

Zac and Ellie had so much fun feeding the animals at the farm, too!

Zac, Caleb, and Ellie getting ready to roast marshmellows in the campfire that night


We got to eat more yummy food at Rachel and Chris' house, and we just couldn't get enough of that yummy Texas BBQ! We had such a great vacation! Zac is still talking about his friends there (and their pets). Thanks to all of our wonderful friends for such a great time! We definitely won't wait another 10 years to go back again!

10 comments:

natasha said...

it all sounds sooooo fun! i am excited to see your pics from jmay!

Josh C said...

We're glad you guys had so much fun. It makes us even more excited thinking about moving there! You guys should plan on moving there in two years at about the same time that we move there (hopefully move there)!

Rachel said...

It was great to see you guys and play with your adorable kids! I think it's time for me to trash that shirt- I totally look pregnant!

Rachel said...

Oh- I just scrolled through the pictures again and I just want to bite Kayden's cheeks and smell his head!

Larsens said...

So this is so bizarre...I know Andy Zollinger. He grew up in the stake Im in now. We were friends before we were both married. Its such a small world. Looks like you guys had a great time. Talk soon!

Ellie said...

I am so glad your reunion went well. Texas looks like a great place to be, don't think about moving there we need you here with us...got it!? we need to catch up, I will call you soon.

The Williamson's said...

You guys look great! Looks like you had a great time! We sure love you and miss you. We wish we lived closer to everyone... it's hard for me to be so far away!

Love you!
Aunt Julie

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I cant believe you were in town! Im sad I didnt see you. Let me know next time! Did everyone's Jaw drop at you HS Reunion because you look EVEN hotter now than in HS?

Shawna said...

Those are such great pictures of the kids with the pumpkins. I can't believe how incredibly ORANGE those pumpkins are!

Anonymous said...

I miss Texas!!! I love it this time of year when the weather is so nice. I am glad yall had a blast.