Saturday, November 08, 2008

Happy Birthday, Zachary!

Yesterday Zac turned three years old! I keep telling him that he's getting so big, and his response is always something like, "Yes, I am!"
He also keeps telling us, "I'm a big boy!"


Zac woke up to the house decorated for his Buzz Lightyear party...there were pictures of Buzz and stars and decorations everywhere. The Buzz tablecloth was covered in star confetti and all of his little Toy Story character toys and paraphernalia. He was so excited! For breakfast he got a chocolate sprinkle doughnut with a "3" candle in it. Yum!


When I asked Zac what he wanted to do for his birthday a while ago, he told me that he wanted to have a Buzz Lightyear birthday party. So, going along with our Halloween theme, he had a Buzz Lightyear birthday party. It turned out really cute and was a lot of fun (and work, of course). We had lots of his little friends over and had a great time!


These are the invitations I made:


The front door and walkway were decorated with stars, and a sign on the door said, "Welcome to Star Command!" Zac loved opening the door (in his Buzz costume, of course) for all of his friends and saying, "Welcome to Star Command!" When the kids came in, we gave them their own set of Buzz wings that I had made, and they decorated them with spaceship and other assorted stickers. I also made a Buzz mask and wrist laser for all of the kids to wear. They especially loved the wrist lasers (made out of matchboxes), which had little treats inside for when the space rangers lost their energy.

Space Ranger wings
Buzz Lightyear masks, wrist lasers, and party favor bags filled with space/Toy Storyish favors like glow sticks, green army men, sheriff pins, Milky Way candy bars, etc.


Once the kids all got here, we played games like pin Buzz on the rocketship and a bean bag toss to try to get Zurg, Buzz, and the little green alien with space ship bean bags. The kids dissolved capsules in water to see whose would turn into the space ship, dug for little green army men in the sandbox, "walked on the moon" (bubble wrap--they loved jumping and popping the bubbles), and played outside in the cool rocketship that Matt and Zac made. The highlight was a guest appearance from Zurg himself...the kids loved chasing him and squirting him with their little water guns. They would have done this the whole time if I let them.


Rocket ship Matt and Zac made

Squirting Zurg


For lunch, 'Pizza Planet' delivered some pizzas and we had green jello jiggler stars. The kids gobbled those right up as fast as they could grab them! They also loved the green punch with purple star ice cubes. Everyone kept telling me that they needed more purple stars in their juice.

Buzz Lightyear's rocket ship cake that I made

Look closely and you'll notice little fingers grabbing the cone off the cake! This happened several times...during the party I had to put the cake up high because it was apparently so appealing to a couple of the kids! I kept laughing because I'd turn around and someone would be grabbing the cone or trying to stick their finger in the frosting.


After lunch we had cake and icecream, then opened presents, and in a whirlwind, everyone was gone. Zac had a great time...it was a success!


Friday night, we had a little family party together. Zac was so excited to have Grandma and Uncle Ryan there with us to celebrate his birthday as a family! As we were celebrating, he said, "I'm so happy!"

Blowing out his candle again at night with what's left of the cake...it didn't look quite the same but was still fun to blow out the candle.


Happy 3rd Birthday, Zac! We love you to infinity and beyond!

18 comments:

sara said...

what a fun birthday party!! i love the cake & invitations & matt even dressed up! that is so cool! looks like he had so much fun! happy birthday zac!

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, Eleisha. You are amazing. That party sounded so fun I wanted to be there! You are so creative!

Lynsey said...

What an amazing party! You did such a good job! I love all the ideas and you did a great job on the cake.

Unknown said...

I have to say that you are the BEST MOM EVER! It's one thing to throw an amazing party...you totally go all out every year...it's a whole other story to throw an amazing party for a bunch of toddlers! That's hard work! You amaze me...I love the theme, the decorations, the cake, the homemade invitations. I always knew you were incredible. I can't believe Zac is 3. He's adorable. And I love Kayden's pumpkin pictures...so cute!

Lori said...

Way to go! Everything looks amazing! You really went all out. Happy Birthday to Zac! Can't believe he is 3.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

you are so creative!

Anonymous said...

Will you be my mommy? What an awesome birthday!! Next year you are actully going to have to build a real rocket and send him to the moon.

Lindsay said...

Wow! That looked like it was a fun party! Cohen wanted a Buzz Lightyear party when he turned 2, and we had the hardest time finding Buzz stuff to decorate with and such. Everything looks great, you're so creative!

Kari said...

You went to a lot of work to pull off such an amazing party! I loved everything about it - the invites, the decor, and all the fun games for the kids! You really go all out. I like that in a party planner! Nice job!

Ellie said...

so E's birthday is in December so how much do you charge for planning a party? =) E had a lot of fun and I loved the wings...so cute! You are such a cute mom!

Matt and Grace said...

What fun! You're so creative!

The Reese's said...

Wow!! That party sounded so, so , so much fun. Will you plan my kids next Birthday?

Jill Lewis said...

Eleisha, you are the woman! I can't get over all of this work you did! It looks amazing and it's fun to see Matt dressed up too. Your Halloween costumes were awesome. happy birthday Zac!

Larsens said...

Happy Birthday Zac! Looks like an awesome party. Pretty impressive Elisha. You dont make missing Vegas easy!

Amy said...

All I can say is, will you please plan the rest of my kids' birthday parties from here on out?? You really thought through every tiny detail. You and Matt were sure brave to have all those 3 yr. olds running around your house. Was that Clara's hand I saw grabbing the cone? Whew! I bet your glad it's over, but it looks like Zac felt loved so it's all worth it in the end.

MaryAnn said...

Not a suprise to anyone who has known you for a while. We always knew you'd be the most creative mom and have the best parties. It looks awesome! Happy Birthday Zac!

jamie said...

you are one heck of a talented woman...you definitely go above and beyond with everything you do. your family and friends are so lucky to have you! (i know im grateful!) you have such a knack with detail! looks and sounds like everything was a complete success...thanks for taking joe on while i was out of town. he had a blast...of course. hopefully he didnt BLAST too many things apart. thanks for all you do for him...and for us. youre a great friend!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow!! I love the invitations and the cake! you did a fabulous job with that!