Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

LET IT SNOW!!!!

When I saw snow in the forecast, I hoped for a little to accumulate so Zac could have a chance to play in the snow a bit. I NEVER imagined THIS:

View from our front door

It all started out looking like this earlier this morning...

Snow flurries that didn't even stick. We still thought it was great and went out to play. Kayden LOVED the snow and was fascinated by it. He liked to hold his hands up as it would fall. When I took him inside, he held his hand out and looked up like he was thinking, "Where did the snow go?" He kept wanting to watch out the window and got so excited about it. He really loved it when everything was covered in white.

(I know, lots of pictures, but I just can't help it! Doesn't he look cute in that hat?)


Then, it started to stick, and before we knew it, after Zac's nap a few hours later, we went out to play in this:



Zac and I had a great time playing out in the snow while Kayden was taking a nap this afternoon...we built a small snowman, threw snowballs, and made snow angels. Zac loved it!



Tonight after dinner, we walked around the block, then went "sledding" at the park around the corner on Matt's snowboard. It actually worked really well and was so much fun! All three of us had a blast! We built a bigger snowman there, had more snowball fights, and just had fun running around in the snow. I don't think I've ever played in so much snow before. We have at least 8 inches (Matt measure the snow on our picnic table a while ago), and it hasn't stopped yet. Who knows what we'll wake up to in the morning!

Here's what it looked like tonight:



I love how the snow just piles up on the fence in perfect form.

It's crazy...the streets are so bad with the hills around here that tons of people just left their cars parked on the side of the road and walked home. It took some of our friends 3+ hours to drive home to our neighborhood with a drive that usually takes 15-20 minutes. I'm so glad that we didn't have to drive in that today! Luckily, Matt was working close by and the boys and I just stayed home. Matt's brothers' family was driving to California and I-15 is closed just south of here, so they had to stop and stay the night. Who could have guessed?!? A week before Christmas in Vegas, and we're walking in a Winter Wonderland!


7 comments:

Kari said...

Isn't is SO CRAZY?! I can't stop taking pictures of it because it's just so RARE to have that much snow here! Sheesh, for a minute I thought I was back in Salt Lake...

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow!! we can't wait to come there next week!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Snow in Vegas!! We have had just a little here in IN. Not enough to really play in, just enough to make the roads annoying. Have fun, and stay warm!

Ellie said...

Zac's snowman is so cute! I had planned to take goodies around yesterday, looks like that will have to wait. E and I munched yours down quick, even Bobble had a handful. Thanks so much!

Lori said...

That is amazing! I can't believe all that snow!

Unknown said...

That really is crazy! Maybe you guys will have a white Christmas!!!! How fun for Zac!

Shawna said...

That is so thick! There was snow at our house, but nowhere near that much.
And your little boy is adorable in that hat. I love the skinny melting snowman.