Tuesday, June 09, 2009

And the Winner Is...

Matt was asked to participate in the hot dog eating contest at our church carnival last Saturday.


His winning strategy--he dipped the bun in his water so it was easier to shove into his mouth and swallow after chewing up the hot dog. I almost threw up just watching.


They had 3 minutes to eat as many hot dogs as they could. In the final few seconds, he shoved one more in his mouth. They said he'd be the winner as long as he swallowed it all.

It took him like 5 minutes of looking like he was going to loose it all before the final hot dog was down.


Yes, that's right, he ate 8 hot dogs! Yuck!


It was disgusting...but at least he won some movie tickets. Was it worth it?
Not quite sure...

Is it considered an honor to be married to someone who can eat 8 hot dogs? Not quite sure about that one either.... :)

PS-Thanks for the pics, Kari!

18 comments:

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

hahaha. you're funny. good for him. in the amazing race we did here, we had to eat all this bread at panera bread. like seriously a TON of bread. most teams only finished 1/2 of it and got 1/2 credit, but thanks to Matt, we finished all of ours. i seriously hardly ate anything. then later on he also had to eat a huge hamburger as well as a smoothie, some ice cream and 3 of the hottest peppers in the world. (i felt so guilty for not helping eat any of those things...)

Ann said...

That's disgusting, kind of cool though.

Lynsey said...

Oh my gosh! Yuck! How did he feel afterwards?

Shawna said...

Eewww... looking at the picture kinds of makes me pukish. :) Congrats, though!

Larsens said...

OH MY!!! Too funny! The question is, "What movie are going to see"?(: I got to call you and catch up. Oh and I love your Big Bear pics.

Unknown said...

YAY MATT!!!! We're all about doing ridiculous stuff to win stuff. 8 hotdogs...he's amazing!

Aubrey said...

Reminds me of the days of the hot dog club. Too bad Matt wasn't around then. He might have booted Dan out of the president spot. And of course it's an honor. The only thing better would be if you were the one who ate the 8 hot dogs.

Haylee Caplin said...

Oh man that's crazy! Congrats Matt! I couldn't do that.

dnbwilkesfamily said...

Is that my brother?? Wow I think he was adopted! J/k The things will do for something free...Way to go bro....I hope you didn't keep them all down:)

Jill Lewis said...

Oh my heavens that is funny! Eight hot dogs is a lot!! I think that when you see the movie you should each get a hot dog at the theater-in memory of the 8 that got you there! :)

Rachel said...

Nasty Matt! I wanna puke just reading it!

ty.haley.t-dog.p.babyg said...

i was sad to miss the ward carnival, not that sad to miss the hot dog contest! i am glad to see you guys had so much fun at big bear, the boys looked like the loved the adventure! by the way, tell zac good work on the swimming, we can't wait to get t started in swimming lessons, next week, YEAH!

Liza said...

I am full reading about 8 hot dogs. But, yay! for free movie tickets!

Jedd and Kathi Bodily said...

I saw Matt eat many more hot dogs than that when I roomed with him at Ricks. I'm dissapointed with you Matt.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! GO Matt!! These are the moments that will make his boys proud to call him Dad.

Warren said...

I would never bet against Matt in a food eating contest. I once watched him eat 5 hamburgers at McDonalds that man is a machine.

Emily said...

Way to go Matt!

Kari said...

Um, OF COURSE it was totally worth eating 8 hot dogs for movie tickets!! LOL. Tell Matt he's a 'winner' in my book! ;)