Monday, June 15, 2009

Dear Kayden,


Dear Kayden,

You are such a little cutie pie and I love you so much! I just can't get enough of your beautiful big blue eyes and your soft squishy cheeks! I love when I put you to bed at night and you point to the rocker, then as soon as we sit down and you snuggle up on my shoulder, you say, "Song." I love that when I start singing a song that you like (I Am a Child of God, especially), you do a little giggle as I start singing. You know when the end is coming and look up at me and say, "Song." It's just so cute and you're just so cuddly that I can't help but give in and sit there, holding and snuggling my little boy who's growing up way too fast just a little longer.

I love your cute laugh, your fun personality, and your little waddle. I just love watching you walk all over the place on your own now that you finally decided that you wanted to be a walker instead of a crawler. I especially love when you walk with me, holding my hand.

I LOVE that throughout the day you find a book and say, "Bak, bak" (kind of like a chicken), then bring a book over to me and climb up on my lap so I can read it to you. When it's over, you say, "bak, bak" again and go find another book for us to read. I often find you sitting quietly, reading books to yourself, too.





I love that you talk so well and say so many new words each day. I can always count on you to copy at least a few new words that you hear me say each day. My favorite was when you started saying, "Zachary" perfectly after hearing me call him. I love that you are starting to put words together into phrases..."Throw the ball," or "Hi, Zac!" or "all done," or "I get down."

I love your friendly smile, big excited wave, and "Hi! Hi!" you give to anyone you see when we're out and about. You are such a joy and we love you so much! Thanks for making us so happy!

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! It's hard to believe how fast he's growing up! I can't believe he's talking so much, either!!! Little smarty pants! I just want to reach in a squish his little cheeks!

Lynsey said...

Eliesha that was so sweet. I had tears in my eyes as I read it. You are a wonderful mom to a wonderful little boy!

Liza said...

He will love that you wrote this for him :)

Shawna said...

I loved reading that about Kayden. He is such a sweetheart.