Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fabulous Four Days

We had a great trip to Utah recently...we got to visit with lots of family, attend a beautiful wedding, and enjoy gorgeous fall leaves in the mountains! Our four days were packed with fun and flew by in a flash!


Day 1- Wedding Events


Wedding at the Jordan River Temple


Walking around Temple Square before the reception at the
Joseph Smith Memorial Building:


Day 2 - Fun With Cousins
Little Cottonwood Canyon- Snowbird
Mill Creek Canyon


Since I love fall so much, I was excited to be able to see some colorful fall leaves and take pictures of my boys playing in them. The pictures might not have worked out quite as I wanted, but the boys loved playing up in the mountains. As usual, they were quick to find special sticks to play with, the river to throw things into, and lots of fun paths full of fallen leaves to explore. We had so much fun in Mill Creek Canyon!



We also went up to Snowbird, and Zac was so excited to find that they already had snow up there. We weren't quite prepared for such cold weather, so Zac had to borrow one of Autumn's jackets to wear with his (hence the pink). Autumn and Zac had fun climbing and playing in the snow and making snowballs. Kayden, on the other hand, just said he was "told." (aka "cold").




Day 3- Grandpa and Grandma Hampton's house
Draper Temple
BYU
More fun with Sherman cousins


on our walk to the doughnut store


the new Draper temple



BYU campus--
we hadn't been back for a long time, so it was fun to walk around and see the changes and campus
Right after we took this picture Kayden ended up jumping into the fountain...I saw him climbing up on the side and ran to stop him, but when he saw me coming, he quickly threw his legs into the water and stood up--he's sneaky and quick!

We stayed at Matt's brother's house that night and had fun visiting with their family.

Day 4- Fun with Sherman Cousins
Go Home
Thanks to all of our family for such a fun trip!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun trip! You got some great pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I love the pictures of the boys in the leaves. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I got to see you for two seconds while you were here! Great pics, as always!!!

Aubrey said...

I'm sad I was in Vegas when you were Utah, but it sounds like you were busy doing other fun things.

Unknown said...

so, I have to ask--are you just an amazing photographer, or do you have a great camera or both? your pics always look so professional! share your secrets, this is something I need to learn!