Thursday, November 19, 2009

And So It Begins...


This little cutie has caught on to the art of delaying bedtime.

"Mommy?" he says after I lay him down in his crib.
"Yes?"
"Mommy?"
"Yes, Kayden?"
"Mommy?"
"What, Kayden?"
"Ummmmmmm..."
"Goodnight Kayden."
"Mommy!"

It could go on like this forever, I suppose. I finally just have to blow him a kiss, tell him I love him, and leave. Sometimes he'll tell me he needs a drink of water. Sometimes he asks to see Daddy. And all of this after I rock him and sing him lots of songs (As soon as I'm finishing with one, he holds up one cute little finger and says, "One more. Just one more. One more time." He's just so cute I can't say no.)

These younger siblings definitely catch on fast!


I love my little Kayden, though. I just can't get enough of his cute talking and laughing, hand motions, expressions, and songs each day. His big blue eyes and cute squishy cheeks never cease to amaze me. I love that he's such a good talker that he can carry on conversations with me and I can understand what he's saying.
I love that he can let me know what he wants. I love watching him learn so much from his older brother (most of the time) and try to copy everything he does.
I love that he sings along with songs, laughs at funny things, and gives me kisses when he thinks I'm sad. He sure is a joy to have around!



Here are a few more of my favorite Kayden times lately:


-Whenever I tell him about anything, he says,
"Whoa! -pause- Awesome!"
It's nice to have at least one person excited about what I say!



-Yesterday he said, "Sharks! Over there!" and pointed across the room.
I said, "Aahh!" and he wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "I save you!"
So sweet! He's done this over and over again since then.



-Today he touched my earrings and said, "So cute!"



-Whenever I say, "Where's Kayden?" he points to himself and says, "Right there!" with a big smile on his face. He also loves to hold something over his face, make scarry noises, and then peek out and say, "It's me!"

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I just caught up on your blog by looking at your pics. Your boys are growing so fast. They are such sweet hearts too. I loved this post. What a cutie pie!

Haylee Caplin said...

Sounds like Kayden is growing up to be so smart and cute! How fun! Hope you guys have a great thanksgiving!!