Tuesday, December 08, 2009

First Week Fun

I love December and all the fun that comes with it! I can't believe the first week of December is already over! It was busy but lots of fun...here's a quick recap of some of the fun things we did last week:


~Decorated our house, inside and out


~Listened to lots of Christmas music and read lots of Christmas stories

~Watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

~Did lots of Christmas crafts and projects

~Went to a Christmas Froggy Storytime at the library and got to meet Froggy!

The boys love the Froggy series of books, so when I saw that Froggy was coming to the library, I signed Zac up for the special storytime/craft/Froggy visit. Both of them were so excited when I told them that they got to meet Froggy!

(Kayden can even recite some of the Froggy stories himself. My favorite is when he gets to the part when Froggy's mom calls him and he answers. Kayden says, "Froooooogggggyyyy! What?" I guess if you haven't read these you won't know what I mean, but they're cute stories...check them out!)

Kayden waved and starred at him from a distance, but this was the best picture we could get of him with Froggy.

Here's the snow globes they made as the craft.




~Went to the Lowe's free "Build and Grow" workshop and built wooden gingerbread houses
(Didn't bring my camera, but the boys LOVE going to these! They're so cute, hammering away with their little hammers!)

By the time I took a picture of these, most of the stickers were pulled off, but you get the idea. One side of the roof even opens so you can store treasures inside.



~Attended and participated in the ward Christmas Breakfast...yum!



~Hosted a gingerbread house decorating contest with
some of our most competitive friends! :)



Zac in front of our house...he made his own little graham cracker house, too. But mostly our boys preferred just eating all the candy to putting it on the houses.



Our finished gingerbread house


Winners of the contest...they were intense! :)


~Daddy and the boys picked out our live Christmas tree

~Zac's last soccer game of the season...I lost count of his goals,
but he did awesome, as usual!

~Talked about the true meaning of Christmas, the story of the Savior's birth, and tried to teach our boys to think about Him during this Christmas season.
I found this quote that I really love and hung it up so we can
remember it throughout the month:






3 comments:

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

love your gingerbread houses! your blog is a great journal for you guys. we love reading it!

Ellie said...

E loved decorating her house and loved eating the candy even more. Thanks again for a great party!

Rachel said...

Fun week! I want to be in your gingerbread house contest! That sounds so fun! Reading all that you've done this week makes me want to take a nap!