Saturday, November 07, 2009

Happy Birthday, Zac!

Today is Zac's 4th birthday!
I can't believe how fast the past 4 years have flown by!
We celebrated pirate-style this year...


These are the pirate cupcakes I made for Zac's preschool class to celebrate his birthday.
Didn't they turn out cute?




Since his birthday was on a Saturday this year, he got to spend the whole day having fun with family and friends.


His day started out with breakfast in bed...he requested cinnamon rolls. He was so excited!



We were so lucky that Grandma came to spend Zac's birthday with him!

After opening presents with Grandma, he was ready for his party.


He had a fun pirate party with some of his friends.


Kayden and Mommy even wore pirate costumes to the party!



The kids decorated their own treasure boxes with jewels, stickers, and glitter glue and decorated a wooden pirate picture.



Then the pirates set out to fill their treasure boxes with lots of treasure.

They walked the plank to receive their first treasure.

Then they found where lots of treasure had been buried and dug it up.


Pirates came and stole their treasure boxes while they were in the backyard and left them clues, so they went on a treasure hunt to find the missing treasure chests.

At the end of the treasure hunt, they found their treasure chests and another big treasure chest filled with treasure. They were excited to dig in and fill their boxes.



We had pirate food for lunch...

Pirate hot dog ships,

cannon balls, goldfish, jello jiggler sharks,

and Shark Blood Punch.


It was a hit!




The pirate ship birthday cake I made:

blowing out the cannon candles


opening presents


The party was so much fun. Zac said he's lucky to have so many friends!


After the party was over, Zac changed into his soccer uniform for his game.
He scored 4 goals in honor of turning four today!

Zac wanted to go to Cafe Rio for a quesadilla for his birthday dinner, and while we were eating, he said, "This is the best day ever!"


When we got home, he opened gifts from the family, then he and Kayden had lots of fun playing with all the fun new toys.



Happy Birthday, Zac! We love you and are so happy to have you as a part of our family!

15 comments:

Julie said...

holy cow Elisha! I'm so impressed!! You are so creative, I love all the pirate stuff. Man what a lucky kid to have you as a mom!! Happy Birthday Zac!

Rachel said...

The cupcakes- adorable. The cake- impressive. The food- creative. Zac- cute as ever. But where is the picture of you in your pirate costume- that I want to see!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! How much time did you spend on that cake??!!! My goodness. I think my wedding cake must have taken less time. VERY COOL. Will you plan my next birthday party?

Rebecca said...

Wow, Eleisha! You are amazing!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow, i love the cake and cupcakes! i'm totally impressed. happy 4th birthday!!!

Roberta said...

Once again Eleisha a very creative birthday!! Wow reading all of it made me exhausted!! You deserve a quiet week

Larsens said...

Ok this is just ridiculous! ELISHA! (can you hear my voice?) This party puts "ordinary" party throwing moms to shame!!! When did you start making such awesome cakes?? Zac is so big and I am so happy he is such a soccer star. How fun! Wish we were there! Happy Birthday Zac!

Lynsey said...

Wow what a fun party! You are so good at doing parties. I love love love the cake! I think it is so cute and you did a great job!

justcap11 said...

Matt, excellent party you threw! That cake you made looked really neat. I wish I was invited.

Kari said...

Holy smokes how long did it take you to plan and execute this party? And what kind of party will Zac have when he's 15?! Great ideas! You are so talented. I can't believe all the work you put into it. Nice job.

Unknown said...

Oh MY GOSH, Eleisha!!!! You are amazing! Seriously...you must have spent HOURS putting the cakes, cupcakes, etc. together. How fun is that! But where's the picture of YOU in YOUR pirate costume? Happy Birthday, Zac!!!

Aubrey said...

You are officially out of control. I'll for sure be calling you when I need to plan parties for my kids. So cute! Where's the picture of you in your pirate costume?

Ellie said...

I forgot to tell you that E slept with her Pirate hat and treasure chest that night. She loved it!

Kaity said...

okay super mom!

Liza said...

Love the cake and cupcakes! Brin had a ton of fun, she can't stop talking about shark blood punch. :)