Monday, May 26, 2008

Where does the time go?

Does anyone else feel like time keeps flying by faster and faster? It's like the older I get, the faster time goes. Or maybe it's just that my life keeps getting busier and busier...either way, I can't believe that it's already almost June! Where has the year gone? Wasn't it just January the other day? It feels like each week begins, then I blink and I'm surprised that it's the weekend again. Sometimes that's kinda nice, but other times there just doesn't seem to be enough time to get everything done. It's also always amazed me how when things are hard, I feel like time stands still and I'm counting the minutes until things get better, but once the hard time has passed, I look back and realize that it really wasn't long at all. It's funny how that happens.

I just went to my youngest brother's high school graduation on Friday--it's crazy to think that he's 18 and all grown up now. I have my 10 year reunion this year, and it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was graduating. The thing that gets me most is how quickly my boys are growing up. It really seems like just a day or two ago that I was in the hospital having Kayden, and now he's 3 months old and Zac is 2 1/2! It's really made me think about how I need to just relax and enjoy each moment because before I know it, they'll be all grown up and they'll be the ones graduating! When Kayden is smiling at me and wanting me to hold and talk to him, or when Zac is sitting on my lap and wanting me to read him a story, I remind myself that cleaning isn't all that important at the moment, so what if my house isn't perfectly straightened, and the laundry will still be there in an hour (and there'll be more tomorrow even if I do do it all now!) My mom used to have a poem hanging on the wall when I was growing up that said, "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow, so quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!" That often runs through my head as I'm taking care of my boys.

I guess I've rambled enough with my random thoughts on time . . . I'll just try to enjoy it as it rushes by! Speaking of time flying, I just looked at the clock and noticed that another day is gone. Time to get ready and go to bed!

6 comments:

natasha said...

the time does fly, hence my dirty house! lol. enjoy it and i can't wait to see more pictures. :)

sara said...

i agree 100%. everyday i wonder how in the world miles got so much bigger & smarter than he was just the day before. it's so fun, but hard to watch how fast they grow!

Roberta said...

Your not the only one that feels this way!! I notice that even the kids seem to think that the time goes by so quickly and as a kid I thought the time went by slowly!! Megan will be in 6th grade next year and I have memories of 6th grade...it wasn't that long ago...

Unknown said...

I AGREE! I love that poem...I've never heard it before...it gave me the chills! It's true...spending time with our babies is WAY more important than having a clean house. I feel like Avery's first year is going WAY faster than Parker's did...I want it to slow down!

Rachel said...

So true. I can't believe little Ryan graduated! Weird that we've been friends now for 10 years! It was great to chat the other day. I love you!

Craig Family said...

I can't believe it is July now and I am reading about time flying by fast! It sure is and your babies are so adorbale! Love you! Jocelyn