I've been wanting to write down all the funny Christmas-related things that Zac's been saying this holiday season...here are a few that I can remember.
"Mom, can I listen to the song about Santa Claus' lake?"
I finally figured out that he wanted to hear 'Here Comes Santa Claus,' so I turned it on. "Here comes S.C., here comes S. C., right down Santa Claus lane (lake)."
"See Mommy? S. C. has a lake!"
It's funny the things kids "hear."
When we were at my parents' house for Ryan's farewell, my cousin's son named Joseph was there. He and Zac had been playing a little bit. I said to Zac, "You should go into the family room and play with Joseph." To which he looked at me and replied, "Or Mary?" At least he's thinking about the story of Christ's birth!
He also loves to listen to "Frosty the Snowman," a.k.a. "Frosting the Snowman" (as he calls it). When it snowed, we built a snowman and Zac told me he put frosting on the snowman.
One of my favorite things was listening to Zac belt out the words to the chorus of "Far Far Away on Judea's Plain" last Sunday in church. We were singing it as the opening hymn, and when we got to the chorus, he sang right along with everyone else, "Glory to God! Glory to God! Glory to God in the hi-i-est! Peace on Earth, good will to men. Peace on earth, good will to men!" It was so cute and funny--he sang it for all the verses, too, nice and loud. I'm not sure when he learned it, but it's a song he sings frequently around the house and even requests "Glory to God" as a bedtime song occassially.
One day we were talking about Baby Jesus' birthday, and Zac said that we should get him a present. I asked him what he thought we should give to him, and he said, "Maybe a baby car seat!"
Custom Tote Bags as Long-Term Brand Assets
4 months ago
4 comments:
all those stories are soo cute! aren't kids the best? i love how he was singing glory to god! hope you guys had a good christmas! i still can't believe it snowed so much there!
He told me about "frosting" the snowman when he came to play last time and I seriously was belly laughing. I forgot to tell you that. Thanks for inviting us tonight we had with you guys, like always!
Eleisha your kids are sooo cute! Thanks for the Christmas card...it was so nice to hear from you!
This post made my day. What a cutie!
Post a Comment