Monday, February 16, 2009

A Whole Week of Valentines Fun...

Is it just me, or do holidays seem to last the whole week? I'm not complaining, since I love holidays and all the fun and excitement that go along with them...just makes for a fun and busy week! Ours was full of Valentines parties, yummy food, lots of friends, dinner out without the kids, and of course tons of treats. I must have been too busy or having too much fun at all of the parties to take pictures, but believe me, they were great! Full of pink and red, hearts, treats galore, Valentines, and best of all, fun friends! Zac had a blast all week long, and he's had more treats than I care to admit (of course, so have I). Even Kayden knows a good thing when he sees it...whenever he spotted one of Zac's suckers laying around, he found a way to get it. He didn't even care for it to be unwrapped first, just stuck it in his mouth before anyone could object.


On Valentine's Day morning, the boys woke up to a heart-decorated kitchen and table (well, actually, Kayden woke me up at like 5:45, so I decided to decorate while he was playing). We had pink heart pancakes and red juice for breakfast, then Zac went on a treasure hunt to find the Valentines treasure I hid for he and Kayden. He LOVED every minute of it! He got so excited as we read each new clue and he figured out where to look next. The whole rest of the day he kept asking if he could do another treasure hunt.
I just love this picture...it totally captures his excitement during the treasure hunt!




The day wouldn't have been complete without a soccer game, more delicious treats, and a kid-free Valentine's Day party with some friends that night.


What a fun day and week!

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, you are on top of things. Not only, do you have a blog post about it all, but you scrapped it too. You amaze me!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

cute pictures, as always!!

Shawna said...

What an awesome holiday! The only thing better than a Valentine's Day is a Valentine's WEEK! Your boys are so adorable.

Ellie said...

You decorate too cute for Vday and I am impressed yet again! You are definitely one cute mom and one great friend!

natasha said...

fun ideas!

natasha said...

p.s. i want to know how you make/ where you make your scrapbook pages? will you email me the info? thanks!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Zac! His smile says it all. You are such a cute mom! I love the heart pancake idea.

sara said...

what a cool idea to send him on a treasure hunt! sounds way fun! and i'm so jealous that you could actually be outside at a soccer game in february and not be freezing to death!

Unknown said...

You really are such a fun, cute mom! I love the pictures of your boys...Kayden is looking so much like Zac! Avery LOVES suckers, too...with or without the wrapper!

Lori said...

It sounds like you had a really fun Valentine's Day. Your scrapbook page looks great! Your boys are lucky to have such a fun Mom!

Jill Lewis said...

How fun. Treasure hunts are the best. I miss you! Your boys are adorable.

Emily said...

Hey! Your boys are so adoreable! It's so fun to read all about what's going on in your lives. I'm so jealous that you can actually have a soccer season right now. We have to wait a few more months and I'm worried that it will overlap with baseball. So fun to have little boys to watch play sports!

Amy said...

No, it is not just you. Holidays do seem to last a whole week, especially when you're the mom. Plus, I think we tend to make them bigger these days than they were when we were kids. Clara has a Valentine she keeps forgetting to give Zac. Nothing fancy, but something she made on her own. I'm beginning to wonder if she has some sort of crush on him. I loved the pic of Zac's excitement over the treasure hunt. So fun.