We've had such a busy couple of weeks...I'm way behind and have so many things to post. I guess I'll just catch up a little at a time, starting with the
day 'o green!
day 'o green!
We had such a fun St. Patrick's Day this year! We got the idea to make a "Leprechaun Trap" from Zac's little friend Joe and his mom, so the night before, we found the perfect shoebox and got to work. Zac covered it in foil and then said that we should draw a rainbow inside for the leprechaun to see. He colored the rainbow, then we set up the trap near the window. We used a pencil to hold the box part way up, and put some gold candy kisses inside to entice a leprechaun. (Too bad I didn't ever get a picture of it).
Zac was sooo excited and told me that "a leprechaun will try to get the gold candy, then the box will fall on top of him and he'll be trapped. Then he can take us to his gold!!!" He was so excited to go to bed so he could wake up and check his trap in the morning.
As soon as he woke up, he came in to get me so we could go see if he'd caught a leprechaun. We ran downstairs to check, and he was so happy to see that the box on his trap was down. He was a little apprehensive to open it (I think he really expected a little green man to jump out) but when he did, I think he was a little disappointed that there wasn't a leprechaun in there. But, there was a green shamrock with a note from the leprechaun that said to "catch him if he could." Thus began the St. Patty's Day treasure hunt, which he thought was just as wonderful as the Valentine's Day one. He chased that little guy all over the house and kept finding the clues he left behind. He never did catch up to him, but the last clue led him to the leprechaun's green hat filled with gold coins and a picture of the leprechaun with a note. Not only did he leave his hat filled with gold, but he turned our milk and eggs and pancake batter green!!! It was sooo exciting!
Zac was on the lookout all day for people not wearing green and was sure to warn everyone that they could be pinched if they didn't wear green.
My sister in law was in town and noticed some matching green St. Patty's Day t-shirts that we bought for my boys and her little girl. It was hard to actually get a decent picture of the three of them, but they sure looked cute.


My sister in law was in town and noticed some matching green St. Patty's Day t-shirts that we bought for my boys and her little girl. It was hard to actually get a decent picture of the three of them, but they sure looked cute.




Our fun didn't end with our yummy breakfast of green oatmeal pancakes and green eggs; we were soon off to St. George to greet Uncle Brandon at the airport as he flew in from his two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! More on that in the next post!
5 comments:
Ok, that's the cutest idea ever! I need to keep this in mind for next year. We were busy packing to go to Disneyland on St. Patrick's day, so my poor kids didn't get anything fun like this. I think we even forgot to wear green!
What a fun St. Patrick's day! You really made it fun for Zac.
What a cute idea! You are so clever. Can you do that for my Londyn next year?!
Fun! I never did get around to doing anything for St. Patty's ...good thing it comes every year so I have a chance to redeem myself .
OK...you really are the cutest mom EVER!!!! I'm going to have to remember that for next year, too. Kids make holidays so fun. I love all your green shirts!
Post a Comment