Monday, February 22, 2010

Guess Who?


This person:

~can count to 10 all by himself and can even count up to 10 objects by himself.
~loves to sing the ABC's and likes to "read it" whenever he sees something written. (Whatever he reads almost always says something about Zac, sometimes Kayden, Z, D, K, and whatever other letters he can think of.)
~gives THE BEST kisses on the cheek!
~says meal and bedtime prayers all by himself
~LOVES reading stories and being read to
~carries on full conversations, talks all day long, and can say anything and everything
~is Zac's little shadow
~is a great singer and knows the words to pretty much any song we listen to or sing
~makes me laugh every time he says, "What the heck?" in his cute little expressive voice
~likes story time, playing at the park, going to friends' houses, and playing with toys
~wants to talk on the phone every time it rings and tries to call someone whenever he gets his hands on a phone
~is becoming very independent and loves to say, "I do it!"
~likes to boss Zac around and tell him things that Mommy would say to him, like, "Are you happy Zac?" or "Don't do that Zac!" or "Play nice, Zac!" or "Zachary Sherman!"
~knows what he wants
~loves wipes and cleaning his face, the walls, and his toys with them
~has started to love watching movies, especially Cars
~makes me smile whenever he talks about "Fishing Nemo" (aka Finding Nemo)
~loves to play with cars and build things
~melts my heart every day
~is so cute and snuggly that I just can't get enough of him!

~ JUST TURNED 2 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!





That's right, my baby, Kayden is now an official two-year-old as of yesterday! Although, last night before bed he told me, "I'm going to stay one forever!"....just what I wished for!

For weeks now all Kayden has been talking about whenever we mentioned his birthday was
"Lighting McQueen Birthday!"

"What do you want to eat for dinner on your birthday, Kayden?"
He shouts quickly and excitedly, "Lighting McQueen birthday!"
"Do you want to do something fun for your birthday?" "Lightning McQueen birthday!"
"Kayden, do you have a birthday coming up?" "Lightning McQueen birthday!"
Even days before..."what do you want to do today, Kayden?"
"Lightning McQueen birthday!"

Ok. I got it. Lightning McQueen birthday it is ...so, we got a few McQueen decorations and balloons, I made a race track cake with McQueen and Mater, and he picked out some little McQueen cake plates that he carried around all day long after we bought them.


I'm not sure who was more excited about opening Kayden's presents...Zac or Kayden!


He loved opening presents, being sung to, having a Lightning McQueen cake and birthday, and was SO excited about the birthday treat he got in nursery!


Since his big day was on Sunday, on Saturday we took he and Zac to see The Princess and the Frog...here he is afterward, face covered in all the popcorn and treats that he devoured during the movie. Of course, he loved it! We also got happy meals and played at the park...what a day!

Happy Birthday, sweet Kayden!
We love you so much and are so happy to have you in our family!

5 comments:

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow! adorable cake!! Happy Birthday, cute Kayden!!!

Rachel said...

Aww! Happy birthday sweet boy! He's still a baby though, don't worry- he'll still feel like your baby until there's another baby around! xoxo

Haylee Caplin said...

Kayden is so cute! Hope he had a good birthday we love you guys! I love the lightning mcqueen cake!

Unknown said...

Awwww...I can't believe our babies are 2! What a sweet boy. I love the cake!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kayden!! He is so cute! And I love the cake. You always make the best birthday cakes. It is amazing!