Thursday, November 11, 2010

FIVE

I can't believe that Zac is five years old now!
My little boy is growing up so fast!


To celebrate his big day, he wanted to have a Star Wars birthday party.
He loves to participate in the Jedi Training Academy at Disneyland where they train the kids with light sabers and then they get to fight Darth Vader. He wanted to have his own Jedi Training Academy so we could teach his friends how to be Jedi.



His favorite is Master Yoda, so for his birthday he wanted a green light saber like Yoda's.


When the kids arrived, they got their own Jedi training robes.
(our simpler version of the ones they have at Disneyland)


After a quick introduction to the Jedi Training Academy and the main Star Wars characters for inexperienced guests, they set off on their rigorous training.



They were trained in balance, speed, intelligence, defeating the dark side, and of course how to use their light sabers as they crossed the hot lava obstacle course, ran through cones to knock down a mini Darth Vader at the end, stomped out the dark side, and played Star Wars BINGO. At the end of their training they even went on a mission to rescue Princess Leia and succeeded.

Our youngest Padawan


Just as we were finishing the Jedi training, we heard Darth Vader's theme song and he came barging in to stop the young Jedis. This was the highlight of the party, for sure!
Zac has been telling everyone that THE REAL Darth Vader from Disneyland came to his birthday party and they got to fight him!

Darth Vader, dressed for Vegas. :)

Zac and Darth Vader

Each of the kids that wanted to got a chance to use their new skills in defeating Darth Vader.


Even Kayden joined in the battle.

After everyone had a turn to fight him, the young Jedis joined forces to
defeat Darth Vader for good.

It worked!

Triumph!


After all the excitement, everyone was ready for a snack of Yoda Soda,
pretzel light sabers, and of course cake and ice cream.



Zac's green Yoda Light Saber Cake

Finally, the young padawans graduated from the Jedi Training Academy as Jedi Masters with their very own certificates to prove it!

It was a really fun party and we all had a great time!

May the force be with you.

8 comments:

Sunny and Larry said...

So cute! You are so creative!

Kaity said...

Super cute! Way to go Eleisha. You never cease to amaze me girl!

Nicole said...

Darling party idea! I may use it in the future with my little one.

Haylee Caplin said...

What a lucky boy! How did you make that cake? It looks awesome! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Ann said...

Wow, that's fun! When I saw the title of the post on my feed, I thought you were talking about the number of people in your family:)

Marta said...

I LOVE how creative you are with your kids parties. YOu put sooo much thought into every last detail, and I'm sure you are creating memories your kids will never forget!

Unknown said...

You are AMAZING!!!! I just read this post, and your Halloween one, and I'm totally copying you with both! I love the party idea, and yours and Matt's costumes were HILARIOUS!!! I'm stealing it!

Thanks so much, by the way for the Phantom tickets. It was INCREDIBLE!!! Wish I could've seen you!

Craig Family said...

OH I love it! So much fun!! Isn't it awesome to have boys! They are so creative!!!